Take control of your speech so everyone always hears what you’re saying (not just how you say it.)
Learn how to use the proper sound, voice, and rhythm of Standard American English (“the accent with no accent”.)
Don’t let your accent get in the way of your success.
Whether you’re a non-native English speaker and are frequently misunderstood when speaking English or whether you’re from someplace like New York City, Boston, the South, the Midwest (or any other far-away English-speaking country) and you speak with a regional dialect, having a strong accent can distract listeners and interfere with your professional goals.
It’s very frustrating when people don’t understand you or when you can tell they’re focused on the way you’re speaking instead of listening to the message you’re trying to convey.
If we don’t reduce our accent and improve our pronunciation, we risk losing important opportunities to advance our career.
Welcome, I’m AnnJoan
I specialize in foreign and regional accent reduction. Whether you want to reduce, modify or eliminate your accent, I’m here to help you consistently speak with the proper sound, voice, and rhythm of Standard American English (“the accent with no accent”). I can identify for you the speech patterns and grammatical differences that make you sound non-standard. And I can train you to eliminate those differences.
My customized accent training program will give you the tools to self-monitor and self- correct so you can make your own adjustments and consistently use the proper sound, voice, and rhythm of Standard American English and speak with clarity and precision, without distracting sounds and mannerisms.
No matter where you’re from, I can help you communicate with clarity, confidence and power. My clients get results and respect.
Once you walk through my door, your ability to communicate effectively, with clarity and confidence becomes MY problem and responsibility, not yours. And I have total faith in my ability to deliver the solution you need.
Learn More About AnnJoan
Ann Joan Hyman M.A., CCC-SLP is the force behind the speech of countless corporate executives, public speakers, and actors around the world.
Ms. Hyman has changed the speech for corporate executives and employees of many top companies and Am Law 100 global law firms including, Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, JP Morgan, Mercedes Benz, Capital One, among many others.
In addition, her work can be heard on television (The Blacklist, Arrow, Madame Secretary, The Good Wife, House of Cards, and Mozart In The Jungle, Elementary, The Americans, Saturday Night Live), on stage (The Book of Mormon and Significant Other), and film (Jack of the Red Hearts, James Bond: Quantum of Solace, The Invisible Guardian, and the Tim Burton film, Dark Shadows).
AnnJoan Hyman is a licensed speech pathologist in practice for more than 30 years. She holds a master’s degree in speech pathology from New York University and a bachelor’s degree from the University of Maryland.
AnnJoan is licensed in New York and New Jersey and holds a national certification from The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
Reduce, modify or eliminate your accent for clarity, confidence and power.
Work with AnnJoan to:
- know the proper words to use across all contexts in Standard American English,
- avoid using distracting sounds and mannerisms when you speak,
- avoid being misunderstood and having to repeat yourself,
- identify the sounds and grammatical differences that make you sound non-standard so you can self-monitor and self-correct,
- work toward the sound of Standard American English “the accent with no accent”,
- manage your fear and nervousness,
- improve the clarity of your speech.
- I’m Dayana Mendoza, Venezuelan, Miss Universe 2008. I have had the pleasure of working with AnnJoan many times, and still do. I came to her with the need of learning how to pronounce the English words in the right way, I was not looking to erase my accent, but to be understood. I’m extremely happy and satisfied with her way of teaching, and it is definitely a relief to find someone that can work with you in such an easy, organic way, the reason why I love working with her so much. She has the ability to make you listen and pronounce sounds you never heard or said before without turning it into a “repeat after me” cassette, which I very much dislike and had enough of from other coaches. Her positive and encouraging attitude makes you feel comfortable and confident that you can do it! See you tomorrow in class Ann Joan ?
I am a Russian fashion model and actress and have worked with AnnJoan for the past year in an attempt to improve my speech and accent modification. I have not yet reached my ultimate goal, but have nonetheless seen significant improvement. Previously, even though I knew that I had an accent, I couldn’t really understand what exactly made me sound so different. Now I can clearly realize where I’m making mistakes and can immediately correct myself. Doing so definitely makes me feel more confident about my speech. And I can hear how my accent is changing little by little. I have enjoyed my time with AnnJoan and found her to be very diligent and knowledgeable in the field in which she practices. I would recommend AnnJoan to anyone attempting to modify their accent as she is a true professional.
Ann Joan has been of tremendous help in reducing my accent and improving how I use my voice in general! Thanks to her coaching, I have been able to book a lot more work that requires no or less of an accent – and fewer and fewer people ask me where I am from when they first meet me! I can highly recommend Ann Joan to anyone who needs help perfecting their speech.
- I am so thankful for AnnJoan. She has not only helped me improve my pronunciation, but also helped me gain so much confidence while speaking English, my second language. I am a User Experience and Web designer and a live music performer. When I used to have to meet clients in person I struggled with insecurity and I felt that I wasn’t able to demonstrate my abilities or sell my services the way I wanted. Now I can talk to clients with greater ease. And I’m still getting compliments from people who remember the way I spoke before going to AnnJoan. She is very friendly and caring and patient and she always has a great sense of humor. I would recommend AnnJoan’s services to anyone who wants to improve their spoken English and build confidence.
I relocated from Mississippi to New Jersey with a heavy southern accent, a speech impediment, and aspirations of being an actor and model. I was recommended to see Ann Joan Hyman and I am proud to say it has been an incredible experience for me. After 25 years of stuttering and working with Ms Hyman for 9 months, I'm finally able to control my stuttering, manage my nerves, and turn my accent on and off .
Foreign Accent Reduction
Get A Free Evaluation
Regional Accent Reduction
Get A Free Evaluation